Under the leadership of Master Artisan Tom Murphy, Gibson Custom Shop’s Murphy Lab performs one specific function: to craft artfully aged instruments using the most cutting-edge tools available. These guitars are targeted to one of four distinct levels of age and wear, ranging from Ultra-Light to Ultra-Heavy. This 1959 ES-355 Reissue features Light aging with intense, unique lacquer checking patterns, along with dings, pick trails, finish flaking, and softened edges. It’s akin to a guitar that was subjected to 50-plus years of average playing use. VOS patina hardware puts the final touch on this exquisite instrument.Legendary tone from Alnico III Custombuckers
Guitarists at Sweetwater absolutely adore the Custom Shop Alnico III Custombucker pickups in the ’59 ES-355 Reissue. Each with its own volume and tone controls, these unpotted pickups will let you nail chimey country licks as easily as you dial in searing rock tones. Catnip for tube amplifiers, these Custombuckers deliver classic tone for everything from warm jazz to dirty blues. And handwired with CTS audio taper pots and paper-in-oil capacitors, you’ll have nearly endless tone-shaping control at your fingertips.
- Superb Murphy Lab Light Aged finish and VOS patina gold hardware
- Maple/poplar/maple semi-hollow body with center block
- Authentic ’59 medium “C” neck profile and solid ebony fingerboard with rolled binding
- Specially calibrated, unpotted Custombucker Alnico III pickups
- 3-way toggle switch; 2 volume, 2 tone controls; CTS audio taper pots and paper-in-oil capacitors
- Adjustable ABR-1 bridge; lightweight aluminum stopbar
- Grover tuners
- Handcrafted in Gibson’s Nashville Custom Shop
- Hardshell case
- Number of Strings 6
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Body Type Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape 1959 ES-355
- Body Material 3-ply Maple/Poplar
- Body Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Light Aged
- Color Watermelon Red
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape Authentic '59 Medium C
- Neck Joint Set Neck
- Radius 12"
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay 1950s Pattern Mother-of-Pearl
- Number of Frets 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Nut Width 1.6875"
- Nut Material Nylon
- Bridge/Tailpiece ABR-1 Adjustable Bridge with Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners Grover
- Neck Pickup Custombucker Alnico 3 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup Custombucker Alnico 3 Humbucker
- Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings Gibson, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag Hardshell Case
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.