After an important investigation, searching on the web, asking people who know a lot about the original Uni-Vibes from the 60´s and 70´s, I found that there were different Uni-Vibes from 1968 to 1974, which have some “errors” compared to the original Honey Uni-Vibe from early 1968 and the 1974 Shin-ei version: Capacitors, Photocells, Lamp Bulbs, Resistors and Capacitors values where not always the same.
Now Sabbadius introduces the very rare version of the Uni-Vibe called Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Tiny-Vibe Version.
Same circuit as his big brother the New 2023 Tiny-Vibe FILLMORE EAST Edition is now available, same sound as the FILLMORE EAST Funky-Vibe, same circuit, same Custom Made 7mm Photocells, same vintage Japanese Lamp Bulb from the 70s. Now Sabbadius Electronics introduce the New Sabbadius Fillmore East Tiny-Vibe Edition, this size will save space in your pedalboard also the weight is lighter and needs a DC 18v Power supply that can be used with current 100mA or more (200mA is recommended).
Bring those wonderful tones from The Band Of Gypsys playing live at The FILLMORE EAST in a compact pedal that the speed can be controlled with your foot moving foward and backward the SPEED knob in the right side of the pedal.
According to some Uni-Vibe experts, this Uni-Vibe version is possibly the one Jimi Hendrix used in 1969 and 1970, whereas others said that Jimi used a 1968 Uni-Vibe in the United States and a 1969 version in Europe. The thing is that if you pay attention to the sound from the same song played in the U.S.A and compare it to the one played in Europe, including England, you will notice that the Throb of the Vibe and the effect’s “wave sound” do not evoke the same “Chewy” sound we might find in Jimi’s performances. Now I found that the Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Funky-Vibe Version captures that “CHEWY” SOUND similar to the 69 & 70 Uni-Vibe version.
The Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Tiny-Vibe Edition is a S P E C I A L E D I T I O N it includes PHOTOCELLS (CdS/LDR) that are EXCLUSIVE MADE FOR SABBADIUS ELECTRONICS and are the responsible for that “CHEWY” SOUND. These Photocells has the correct bright resistance and dark resistance in lux same specs as the ones used in the LIMITED EDITION FILLMORE EAST OF ONLY 28 UNITS MADE.
The transistors used here are the Matsushita 2sC828 for signal path and 2sC539 type of transistor for the Pre-Amp section like in the original Uni-Vibe. The pedal features 3 knobs, which set VOLUME, INTENSITY, and SPEED.
It also features 2 footswitches: one of them activates the effect for True Bypass, the other one switch is the CANCEL function that allows you to use the pedal as a Pre-Amp or the original Uni-Vibe effect sound this means that you turn off the lamp bulb keeping a high impedance in the photocells that gives to the sound a wonderful Pre-Amp like Original Uni-Vibe’s did in the foot control pedal with the tact switch. It has a hand painted soft switch with airbrush and enamel paint lacquered with gloss lacquer for a longer duration of the painting. RED/WHITE soft Rocker Switch that you set the mode´s in RED POSITION DOWN activates the “CHORUS” MODE and when the WHITE POSITION IS DOWN you are in “VIBRATO” MODE.
*** IMPORTANT ***:
The pedal needs a DC 18 Volt – 200mA Power Supply with Negative Center Pin 2.1mm (Power Supply is NOT INCLUDED)
* Red LED that pulse in the same way the Lamp Bulb interact inside the unit so you can “see the SPEED” of the effect.
* Volume: sets the output volume.
* Speed: sets the effect’s speed in either mode.
* Intensity: sets the effect’s intensity or depth.
* CHORUS – VIBRATO Mode ROCKER SWITCH: sets whether Chorus mode or Vibrato mode is activated.
* CANCEL Footswitch: activates the lamp Bulb to swirl the effect or turn off the lamp to use as a Pre-Amp like original Uni-Vibe’s does.
* TRUE BYPASS: Premium quality 3PDT True Bypass footswitch to turn the effect ON/OFF.
* INSTRUMENT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) input jack (Neutrik) for instruments.
* OUTPUT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Neutrik).
* POWER: DC 18 VOLT~ 200mA (NEGATIVE CENTER PIN LIKE BOSS PEDALS) *POWER SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED*
* Soft Rocker Switch RED / WHITE: Hand painted with airbrush and lacquered with enamel paint with a glossy finish.
* 100% Hand Wired & Hand Weldings.
* 100% analog circuit.
* Material: Aluminium enclosure.
* Size: Length 144mm x Width 110mm x Height 60mm.
* Weight: 500grs. Aprox.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.