The Octaurus ltd is the latest entry in our Custom Shop's line of limited pedals.
Inspired by the octafuzz tones from the golden era of guitar music, the Octaurus ltd is not looking to emulate but rather build on this rich lineage while claiming its place as one of the finest examples of the genre out there. Identifying our favourite behavioural attributes scattered across many different legendary octafuzzes of the past, our mission was to find a way to bring them all together in a single standalone device.
It is a tour de force of vintage sound and feel.
The intricate turret-based point-to-point construction is designed around a batch of early 60s NOS silicon transistors either made by Transitron or General Instrument or both, similar to 2N335/336, complementing the Octaurus ltd's unique tonal character.
In the style of previous Custom Shop limited edition pedals, the Octaurus ltd comes embossed in fine olive drab suede, and features a see-through bottom plate also wrapped in suede with the addition of a zip, to provide safe and easy visual access to the beautifully laid out board inside.
*ALL LIMITED EDITION OCTAURUS PEDALS COME WITH AN EXTRA ALUMINIUM BOTTOM PLATE TO MOUNT ON BOARDS*
- A clear apparent octave across all pickup positions.
- Retain your notes' "body" all the way across your guitar's register
- When you clean it up using your guitar's volume knob, get just the right amount of the ring-mod type effect while still being able to play most double stops and have the fundamental intervals pop out.
- Overdrive-like definition of open power-chords without compromising tightness or girth.
- Full range voicing option for a singing fuzz quality
- Scooped-mids option for more industrial fuzz feel, suitable for tight riffing and an even more pronounced octave effect.
- Symmetrical clipping option for tightness and definition
- Asymmetrical clipping option for looser, more dynamic feel
*House Tip: don't shy away from trying the gain and tone knobs at full throttle as this pedal's strong attributes i.e. a strong octave and rich harmonics really shine at these settings.
- NOS early 60s silicon transistors
- Turret point-to-point construction for uncompromised signal integrity.
- Tropical fish capacitor
- Level, Tone, Gain knobs
- Symmetrical or asymmetrical clipping options
- Full range or mid-scooped voicing options
- Optional 9V battery operation
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.